Sunday 29 August 2010

Chicken Wings in Soy Sauce

Chicken Wings in Soy Sauce
Hello Whimsical Readers,

F~ This week will be a simple and totally yummy chicken dish with soy sauce. My mom makes this all the time at home because my siblings like it very much and just last week a friend of mine decided to make this for dinner at my place so yes I think I'd like to share this recipe with you.

A little bit about this dish other than my siblings liking it is that it is to my knowledge an international chinese dish because my friend who reminded me of this dish was from Hong Kong, another lovely country filled with many good food to try and of course the shopping!

This is also a dish that goes amazing with plain white rice, I should know, I remember having an additional half a bowl of rice just to go with the sauce..haha. Ok, I'm starting to drool so I better start with the recipe before you drool all over your keyboard.

Ingredients: Serves 4
650 grams Chicken Wings
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
3-5 Tbsp Cooking Oil
2 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
1-2 Tbsp Flour
200 ml Water
Salt & Pepper (to taste)

Method:
1. In a heated pot, add the Cooking Oil then the Chicken Wings and cook them until they're half way done on high flames.
2. Lower the flames to medium and add Light and Dark Soy Sauce, Honey and Water.
3. Mix a little Water with the Flour to avoid Flour "clots" in your sauce mix and for better mixing. Stir well.
4. Let the Chicken Wings simmer with the lid on for approximately 8-15 minutes. The longer you simmer, the softer they become.
5. Add Salt, Pepper and Sesame Oil to your liking and if needed more Light Soy Sauce. By now, your sauce should be of a thicker liquid.
6. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

Yours Truly,
The Whimsical Buddies

0 comments:

Post a Comment