|Panang Fish Curry|
F~ To those of you who loves curries, raise your hand..Wohoo! I absolutely love curries even though my tongue has a limited spice tolerance. The good thing is, overtime your tongue learns to get use to the spiciness but don't eat things that are too spicy too often as they can destroy your tastebuds.
So, this week I'm making Panang/ Phanaeng Curry, it is a dry type of curry and it's something from my neighbour, Thailand. Home to some seriously spicy mini chilies, you don't want to mess with these guys, its the small chilies that are the killer. But not to worry, i can't handle that much either so this recipe isn't gonna make to running for water. Chicken, beef and fish are the more suitable meats for these types of curries which contains coconut milk in it. Although beef is more popularly used for this curry, I would really recommend trying fish for this dish. It's GOOD.
Ingredients: Serves 4
100 gram Panang Curry Paste
600 ml Coconut Milk/ Santan
500 gram Pangasuis Fish (approx. 2x2 inch pieces)
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 Tsp Palm Sugar
1-2 Fresh Chili (sliced)
5 medium Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 Lemongrass (cut into half or 3-thirds)
Basil Leaves (garnish)
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
100 ml Water
|Panang Curry Paste|
1. As soon as your Vegetable Oil is heated, add the Panang Curry Paste into the pan/ wok under low to medium flame for a minute or so.
2. Pour in your Coconut Milk making sure you give it a good shake before. Let it cook for another couple minutes whilst stirring under medium high flame..
3. Add in the Fish or your meat of choice and cook it until it is almost done.
4. Lowering the flame to medium again, add the Fish Sauce, Palm Sugar, Lemongrass and the Water to the mix. Let it simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
5. If you prefer some sauce instead of a dry curry, you can add some more water (but not too much otherwise you will dilute the flavour and spiciness of the curry) Also add the Kaffir Leaves and the Chili.
6. Garnish with Basil Leaves and serve with steamed white rice.
Wow, typing this is making me hungry again, and I just ate not too long ago..Haha. So, enjoy this recipe.
The Whimsical Buddies