Sunday 12 December 2010

Roast Chicken

Greetings Whimsical Readers,

Have you ever asked yourself when you make your way into a house and wonder "Hmm where's that smell coming from?" Well it happens to me all the time! Especially during Chinese New Year or any special occasions where I am invited as a guest. I grew up in a typical chinese family, so the food I always eat is obviously chinese food. I love chinese food, no doubt about it! I am very versatile, I am open to any style of food. Don't be surprise, I didn't know how roasted chicken smells like till I met my boyfriend's mom! Every time I enter her kitchen, it's always the distinct smell that makes my nose go WOW. It's her signature dish. Roast Chicken! Well this is how it goes~

Ingredients:
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
3 Tbs Oyster Sauce (always more than the soy sauce)
2 Tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper
5 Chicken Drumsticks

Method:
1. Marinate the chicken! (at least 1 day before)
2. Rub the sauces all over the chicken with your Clean hands!
3. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
4. Put them into the chiller (at least 1 night)
5. Place them in a nice flat pot, roast the chicken at about 200°C, for 1 Hour (turn over the chicken after half an hour)

Hope you enjoy the recipe.


Sincerely,
The Whimsical Buddies

0 comments:

Post a Comment